Produits VirtuelsBest GPS

2009 PHOTOS: BACKPASS RESTAURANT / BANKU AND TILAPIA

2009 PHOTOS: BACKPASS RESTAURANT / BANKU AND TILAPIA

Postby Admin on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:10 pm

Backpass Restaurant, adjacent Accra Post Office, Accra, Ghana, West Africa. 18 February 2009.

One of the most relaxing afternoon experiences you can ever savour in Ghana is lunch at Backpass Restaurant in Accra. This balcony restaurant serves the most succulent Ghanaian dishes, and this is where I spent many a day enjoying delicious banku and tilapia (grilled before your eyes), along with cold Star beer, while enjoying the company of Ghanaian friends and in-laws, with a constant cool breeze flowing through and overlooking the busy city street below. While seated there you also have a panoramic view of the Accra city skyline, with pied crows and other large birds seen gliding through the air. Such is the ambiance and atmosphere that after finishing your meal you may not want to leave the premises! It is the ultimate Ghanaian dining experience. Always well patronised by well off Ghanaians and visitors alike.

View of the street below from Backpass Restaurant balcony. 18 February 2009.

VAT Receipt from a meal at Backpass Restaurant.

Eating banku and tilapia with my fingers at a chop bar one night in Accra. 14 March 2009.

This was my second time taking it using my fingers... I had done a "practice run" before so that I could impress my Ghanaian wife on this occasion. Note my Ghana @ 50 shirt, which I brought with me from Barbados. It was earlier sent to me from Ghana as a gift.

Kwame the Webmaster.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Wulomei